Posted on | April 19, 2012 | Comments Off
The April newsletter has been posted. You can download the PDF version here or view the highlights below.
From the Editor:
So many new things are happening with the 47th annual Arlington July 4th Parade! Those of you who attended the first general meeting enjoyed the new meeting location at City Hall. No offense to the library, but it was really awesome! It should be a great place to host our upcoming Parade Fair on April 19.
We have already had an awesome response for entries in the 2012 parade, so this year’s event will certainly be the best ever!
If you have already registered, be sure to fill out your information sheet for the parade announcers. You can fill it out online by clicking here: Information for Announcer’s Scripts or go to the website and click on the link. Paper copies will be available at general meetings.
We look forward to seeing everyone at the Parade Fair this month. Come get great ideas and order parade T-shirts, created by an art contest winner from AISD!
The Parade Fair will be held tonight, April 19th @ 7p.m. at a new location. City Council Briefing Chambers 101 W. Abram St. Third Floor.
At the April General Meeting, we will be having our annual Parade Fair. What happens at the fair?
This is a great meeting, especially for first time parade entrants. At this meeting, you will be able to:
- Talk to parade “veterans” about their experiences
- Get ideas for parade floats Look at pictures from past parades for inspiration
- Find out about the bus barn and why it might be useful to your entry
- See if having a float built by a professional would be right for your group
- Set yourself up with a tractor to pull your float
- Get a sneak peek at the parade route
- Learn about important parade rules and changes to the rules for 2012
- Chat with parade committee members
- …and much, much more!!!
Don’t miss the Parade Fair!
There is more in the PDF so please download it to get all the news!!!